Friday, July 23, 2010

3-0




I turn 30 in December. I am really excited about it! Most would probably not be... getting older and that "whole thing."
Here is why I am really excited about turning 30:
30 does symbolize that my 20's are over, yes, but it's another really cool chapter in my life.

I loved every minute of my 20's, but I had a serious "bucket list" of things I wanted to get done before I turned 3-0.

I finished high school at age 18 and completed college with my BSN by age 22. In college I was pretty competitive academically. I didn't miss a day of class all four years and maintained all A's. Nerd alert, totally, but I thought I need to know everything, because I was going to be caring for someone's life - a big deal.
Right after graduation I took the NCLEX, moved to NY, and got married (still age 22).
Then I started working as a RN (age 22).
Then moved back to AZ (age 23).
We bought a house (age 24), and I became pregnant with our first child (age 24 to age 25).
I moved on up the ladder at work and became a RN Clinical Manager (age 24 to age 27).
My dream job was and is educating nursing and hospital staff, and I obtained the title of Clinical Nurse Educator (age 27 to present).
I started my Master's program (age 27).
I became pregnant with our second child (age 28 to age 29).

My 20's were A-MAZING, no doubt. But age 30 represents enjoying the fruits of these labors.
I have my God, my wonderful husband, our two beautiful kids, our families, solid life-long friends, my nursing career, and now I am going to enjoy this. I am going to watch my kids grow, be a room-Mom, and may even publish in a Nursing Journal. I am going to be present, live, and breathe in the fresh, unplanned air of my 30's. Can't wait!!

No comments: